Rock & Rose   +  Blog

50th anniversary Barbie Dolls!

I originally had a post about Christmas presents planned tonight, but my computer doesn't want to read my files, so that was out. So, I decided to post on something else that was on my mind.

Andrew's sister and I were talking about how we both wanted Barbies for Christmas and didn't get them. Then she showed me the 50th anniversary reproduction dolls in Toys R' Us and I want them! But they are 44.95- 39.95 a piece, luckily some of them are on sale on BarbieCollector.com for 29.95.

Anyways, although the 50th anniversary was in March, maybe some of you haven't seen all the dolls they re-released... just like I hadn't til a couple of days ago. These are the photos of the outfit they come in, the year they were released, and their original title. Each doll comes with booklets and another outfit plus some accessories. They also re-released 'My Favorite Career' dolls which are also on BarbieCollector.com, some of the Campus editions were also re-released along with the 1961 Barbie and Ken wedding set.

1959 Original Teenage Fashion Model Barbie

1962 Bubble Cut Barbie

1964 Swing Ponytail Barbie

1967 Twist n' Turn Barbie

1971 Malibu Barbie

1977 Superstar Barbie

1980 Black Barbie

1985 Peaches n' Cream Barbie

1986 Barbie and the Rockers Barbie

Also, this video was from the 50th anniversary fashion show. Loved the first part of the video. What do you think of their take on the fashion?