Rock & Rose   +  fashion

Guess Ads

The other day I was browsing my favorite Livejournal group Vintage Hair and I saw a post asking for advice on how to do hair like Anna Nicole Smith's hair in a Guess Ad from the 90s'. Guess has always had really beautiful photos in their ad's (minus the ones involving Paris Hilton) and I wanted to share some for some inspiration or discussion. Not that I wear Guess or love that the retro look is so mainstream, but you have to admit, they do know how to advertise.

One thing that annoys me though, although these interest me coming from a photography background and knowing about advertising and photography is how they used the style of Brigitte Bardot, Marilyn Monroe, and Sophia Loren and manipulated it to suit them. Oh well, love them or hate them? Tell me.