Rock & Rose   +  independent films

Independent cinema: "RED" a 1950s' period piece

A few weeks ago I got an e-mail from Los Angeles based director Kieran Thompson about his film "RED", it is going to be featured in a film festival in Asbury Park tomorrow and he thought it might fit in with the period pieces I like to feature here on my blog. Kieran sent me a DVD so that I could write a review of the film but unfortunately the Post Office decided not to deliver it. However, that won't stop me from telling all of you about this, because this is right up the vintage alley.

Not only do I find classic films to be important, but I also find independent film to be important. Kieran Thompson's "RED" is an independent film set in the Cold War era of the 1950s'. The plot involves an insurance investigator who is flown into a small New York town to investigate a life insurance claim when he gets caught up in the unusual behavior of the town's locals. The movie is 43 minutes long and was shot digitally on the RED camera. I have included the trailer and film stills at the bottom of this post.

The film has had screenings in Los Angeles, London, Fort Lauderdale, and Phoenix. Tomorrow "RED" will make its film festival debut at the Garden State Film Festival in Asbury Park. It will be shown at 4 pm at The Berkeley Hotel in the Continental Ballroom. The address is 1401 Ocean Avenue.

For those of you unable to make it but still interested in seeing the film you can purchase it here. I encourage everyone to take a part in supporting independent film anyway that you can. Especially one that goes through all the hard work involved in creating a period piece, so if you know someone who might like this film, pass the link on.

For more information about Kieran and RED check out the website.

RED Trailer from Kieran Thompson on Vimeo.