Rock & Rose   +  riot grrrl

Riot Grrrl: Kathleen Hanna

I hope you all will forgive me for going a little bit in my own direction with this post. Anyway, I have always been really into riot grrrl music and tonight I wanted to write about Kathleen Hanna since I pretty much can't stop playing Bikini Kill.

For those who aren't familiar Kathleen Hanna is a musician, activist and writer. She performed in Bikini Kill, Le Tigre, and a solo project Julie Ruin. She may not be everyones cup of tea but I think she is a strong female in power of herself, instead of the many produced popstars we see.

Here are some videos I found on YouTube for those of you interested... unfortunately even though this was the 90s... not many great videos of the music exist that I have seen, well, high quality I should say.