Rock & Rose   +  film actress friday

Film Actress Friday: Diana Dors

As a start to the new year I decided I should blog more, and with that, I also thought more structure would encourage me to write more... so every friday I am going to feature an actress with a bio and some photos.

The first actress I am going to feature is Diana Dors. I only first came across Diana in 2009 and I thought she was so beautiful, I have been waiting to write about her.

-Diana Dors was born Diana Mary Fluck in 1931 in England.
-She studied at the Royal Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts and was under contact by age 16
-She is considered the "English Marilyn Monroe" although she was acting before MM
-By age 20 she was the youngest registered owner of a Rolls Royce in the UK
-She has an acting ability that never saw it's full potential, but her 1956 film "Yield to the Night" is considered her best work
-She was married 3 times and had 3 sons
-She took the last name of a family member as her stage name, on this Diana has said "They asked me to change my name. I suppose they were afraid that if my real name Diana Fluck was in lights and one of the lights blew"
-She continued acting through the 60s' and 70s' in more mature roles
-She recorded an album in 1960 called "Swingin Dors"
-She wrote autobiographies "Dors by Diana" and "Behind Closed Dors"
- And she wrote another book "Diana Dors' A-Z of Men"
-She died in 1984 at age 52 of ovarian cancer
-Before she died she hid away 2 million dollars in banks across Europe giving her son and husband codes that would both be needed to access the money. Her husband committed suicide before the code could be put together, leaving her son trying to solve it, which to this day he still hasn't.