Rock & Rose   +  film

An Education

Andrew is the manager of an art house movie theatre and while I was waiting around I got to sit in on a film there. I had heard about it, and was interested in seeing it, and I am so glad I did. I highly recommend going to see it, much better than pretty much all the movies that have been coming out lately. Not to mention that the actress who plays Jenny, Carey Mulligan, is wonderful... as is the hair and wardrobe.
It is the story of a 16 year old girl, Jenny, in the early 1960s living in the suburbs of London. Jenny is a bright student, in pursuit of an education of Oxford when she meets a man, David, who is twice her age. David goes out of his way to show Jenny and her family that his interest in her is not improper and that he wants solely to expose her to cultural activities which she enjoys. When she sees the lifestyle David can provide, her education becomes secondary. Then, when things are looking pretty good for Jenny and David, the truth hits her like a ton of bricks. 'An Education' won the Audience Choice award and the Cinematography award at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival.

Some screen shots: