Rock & Rose   +  vintage

Style at Set

Early Saturday morning myself and Mama Style Strutter headed off up to Kilkenny for Absolut Style at Set. The whole thing was just amazing! The venue Set Theatre was beautiful and there was gorgeous little courtyard where you could sit in the sun & eat crepes, and in the middle is a mini Eiffel Tower statue! Had to get a photo beside that:)!! The turn out was amazing, lots of well dressed women!

The vintage fashion fair was held in the theatre itself and it was an absolute dream for all those magpies out there! Everything was shiney and sparkly and I couldn't resist touching and picking up almost every item! The stands included Dirty Fabulous, Perk Up and Rebekah Millinery. But my favourite had to be Bonzie! Their stall was a vintage explosion of ruffles, lace, clocks, jewellery and clothing with a "tattered couture" feel, stay tuned for a special post on them later, with lots of pics:)!!

The style masterclasses were excellent, but unfortunately I had to leave before Laura Cunninghams talk:(! Annmarie O'Connors Capsule Wardrobe class really made me think about what I buy and how much of it I actually wear, which could put you in Negative Wardrobe Equity! She brought along 25 key pieces which all fit in a suitcase and showed how you can mix and match everything to have an outfit for every occasion. She recommends every woman's wardrobe should include a great pair of jeans, a pashmina, a trench coat, a wrap-dress, a clutch purse and of course a bulletproof LBD.

All in all the day was a great success, as I'm sure the whole weekend was, and I'm so glad I went up for it! If you didn't get to it this time I highly recommend you go next year:)! I could talk and talk about this but I think I'm going to let the pictures do the rest!

Huge huge huge congratulations to the amazing Blanaid Hennessy for organising this event, all her hard work and determination really showed!